Jul 5, 2012

Vermicelli Kheer (Shevayanchi kheer)

A very common desert  made for festivals or puja or any normal day. Its one of my fav sweet dishes. My toddler too enjoys it I add lots of powdered cashews and almonds when making for her. So here goes the recipe.

Ingredients:
Roasted Vermicelli - 4 tbs
milk - 2 cups
sugar - 3 tbs
cashews - 8 roasted in ghee
raisins- few roasted in ghee
almonds - 8 to 10 chopped
saffron - a pinch
cardamom powdered - 1/2 tsp
nutmeg - a pinch

Method:
Boil milk along with vermicelli, sugar, saffron , nutmeg. Boil for at least 10 to 15 minutes the vermicelli should be very soft and the milk will start changing the color. Add the roasted cashews, raisins and chopped almonds with cardamom boil for 5 minutes and switch off the flame.

P.S. My mother always says me to add very little salt when preparing sweet dishes. I always add it.

Enjoy hot or chilled.



48 comments:

  1. My favourite dessert, as perfectly presented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as madhuri dixit says in show jhalak dikhla jaa purr-fect. it looks so yummy kheer supriya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haahahaha!!!!thanks meena you always have something nice to say..Love your comments.

      Delete
  3. my all time favorite. looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creamy and rich kheer,my favorite too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. very creamy and delicious kheer..

    http://indiantastyfoodrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so creamy and delicious..perfectly done..

    ReplyDelete
  7. delicious looking kheer. My fav..

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my fav kheer. Loved all your recipes. Will surely try the Lachha Paratha. Thanks for dropping by and for the lovely comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rinku for the lovely comments do try the lachha paratha and let me know.

      Delete
  9. Hi Supriya ,

    Looks delicious!!!!!

    and tempting:))))

    Keep on Supriya...

    ReplyDelete
  10. drooooooooling dish of yours...sounds very interesting..
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow... lovely looking delicious kheer

    ReplyDelete
  12. my favorite kheer of all times....looking delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Supriya,
    Nice meeting you. Very delicious blog of yours. Thanks for following!Yummy kheer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious looking yummy kheer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yum!.....love the tip about adding a pinch of salt..thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Supriya... the kheer looks yummy... browsed thru your recipes... you have a wonderful collection.. happy to follow you.. thanks for stopping by at my space

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kheers looks scrummy!!!

    http://aromaticdining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete