May 2, 2012

Goda Masala

Goda Masala is used in all maharashtrian households in their daily food. Of course the way of making differs with every house, I used to watch my mother prepare this always and the good news is that we can store it in freezer for at least 15 days. Actually we can store it for more longer but the usage is so much that we have to prepare it at least once in two weeks. My mother is a wonderful cook I think all mothers are I just miss her prawns pulao how much ever I try to copy her recipe but it still doesn't  taste like hers. I just envy my brother for this as he can have all the yummy food prepared by her.This recipe is a perfect copy of my mothers way of making it. So I dedicate this post to you mummy!! 

Ingredients
Coconut dry or fresh - 1 whole grated
onion roughly sliced - 1 or 2 medium sized
ginger roughly chopped - 1 "
garlic with cover - 7 to 8 flakes
fresh coriander just cleaned and washed - handful
oil - 2 tbs
salt - 1 tsp
garam masala powder - 2 tsp

Method 
Heat oil in a kadhai on medium high add onions stir fry them until pinkish brown now add the coconut again stir fry it along with the onion let the mixture turn brown you will get a nice aroma but do not allow it to burn. At this stage add the ginger, garlic and coriander mix it well and switch off the flame after 1 min.let the mixture cool.

In a grinder add the above mixture and grind it until soft. Their is no need to add water but if you want you can add a bit. Once done add the garam masala and salt mix it and store it in an air tight container in the freezer. Use it as and when required in curries, dal, seafood etc.

It can be eaten raw with hot hot ghee phulkas or rice bhakris.

The above recipe already has some amount of salt and garam masala so be careful while adding it.








Sending it to jagrutis event http://www.jagrutidhanecha.com/2012/07/announcing-event-grind-your-cooking.html

19 comments:

  1. Looks great.
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deve essere buonissima! un felice week end per Te....ciao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supriya, I was looking for this recipe..thanks.
    Will make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiet new to me !! looks so wonderful !! Thanks for linking to the event !! Appreciate it !!

    Ongoing event CC:Splash Into Summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice recipe...
    sahasravantalu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! I was looking for a recipe for this ever secret family masala.. you are right everyone makes it differently, but yours is calling to me Supriya :)

    ReplyDelete