May 7, 2012

Chole Puri

Chole are made and eaten in different ways.They taste best with Bhatura's but this time I was in a hurry and prepared this quick version of chola with puri. But they tasted really yummy.
Friends I believe whenever we prepare anything in hurry that tastes the best. I am sure most of you will agree with me. So here goes the quick recipe.

Ingredients
Chickpeas (kabuli chana) - 1 Cup soaked overnight and cooked in pressure cooker along with salt and a pich of turmeric ( I used the ready made tin )
onion chopped - 1
tomato chopped - 1 large
whole garam masala - (1 clove, 2 pepper corns, 1 to 2 green cardamom, 1" cinnamon, 1 bay leaf)
ginger garlic paste - 1 tbs
chana masala - 1 tsp
red chilli powder - 1  to 2 tsp
garam masala powder - 1 tsp
turmeric - 1 tsp
dhaniya jeera powder - 2 tsp
curry leaves - 1 spring
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
coriander chopped - handful
oil - 2 tbs

Method
Heat oil in a cooking vessel add onions along with ginger garlic paste stir fry them until onions are cooked add a bit of salt now add the chopped tomatoes along with some turmeric and some amount of chopped coriander cook until tomatoes turn soft and switch off the flame.Once cooled grind it to a paste.

Heat oil in a kadhai add whole garam masala along with cumin seeds and asafoetida once they splutter add curry leaves and the above paste mix it now add red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala powder, chana masala, dhaniya jeera powder add a little warm water now add the chickpeas along with salt if required,cover and let it cook for sometime. Switch off the flame after 5 to 8 min. Garnish with loads of coriander. Enjoy with puri and raita.

P.S. Water can be added as per the requirement of the gravy.





23 comments:

  1. The chole is such a quick version and easy too. Will try it out the next time. wish I could have the platter.
    Tickling Palates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Radhika. Should I parcel it out to you.

      Delete
  2. Chhole has always been mny fav festive meal.... This looks so yummy, we nowadys dont do these things that often :( Childhood days were best , no :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Nupur childhood days were the bestttttt!!!! Thanks for the lovely comments.

      Delete
  3. I love Chole too.. Delicious one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious and perfectly done chole..quick and tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Supriya, thank you for stopping by my blog - and glad you brought me to yours - the chole puri is a great combo and looks delicious :) have a happy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats is my kind of food :) simply love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Supriya,thanks for visiting my blog :).Chole and Bhatura are a match made in heaven and it is one of my fav....

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you have been tagged, if interested please visit..
    http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in/2012/05/lets-get-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Divya thank you so much for tagging me!!!It really encourages me to work more harder on my blog thank u so much.

      Delete
  9. My favorite indulgence and comfort food!
    Nice blog...Joined your blog too...

    ReplyDelete