May 17, 2012

Cheesy Macaroni

My little toddler loves to eat this particular Macaroni dish. She is very picky with her food I try my level best to convince her to indulge some food. As she is learning ABCD I picked up this alphabetical macaroni from the store and introduced it to her and the end results were amazing she loved it and wanted to eat more. I have added some veggies and chicken to it. Vegetarians can minus the chicken. So here goes the recipe.

Ingredients
Macaroni - 1/2 cup
garlic - 2 to 3 flakes chopped fine
carrot - 1 tbs finely chopped
onion - 1 tbs finely chopped
tomato - 1  to 2 tbs grated
spring onions - 1 tbs (optional green part)
boiled and shredded chicken - 1 tbs (optional)
cheese - mozzarella or cheddar 1 tbs
pepper powder - 1/2 tsp or less as per the intake of spice
oil - 2 tbs (olive oil opt)
salt to taste.

Method
Boil water in a cooking vessel along with some salt and oil. Once the water boils add the macaroni and let it cook until soft. Once done strain the macaroni and discard the water.

Heat oil in a kadhai add the chopped garlic along with onion fry the onion until it turns pink then add tomato and cook until they turn mushy now add turmeric and salt stir fry for a minute add the carrot, spring onions and chicken cook until carrots become soft now add the macaroni along with pepper powder check for salt if you need add some now lastly add the cheese cook for a minute and switch off the flame. The macaroni is ready.

I hope you like it!

P.S. Maggie masala can also be added for more flavors.






21 comments:

  1. nice way of adding nutrition to kids diet ... Alphabatical Macroni,, hmm .. cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and cheesy ...children will surely love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks quite cheesey and healthy for kids...U have a award waiting for you at my space..
    http://varietyisthespiceofyourlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Avika for the lovely comments and the Award.

      Delete
  5. supriya nice recipe! link this to nithu's Toddler Lunch event guest hosted by priyavasu.
    http://enveetukitchen.blogspot.com/2012/05/healthy-food-for-healthy-kids-toddler.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Swasthi will surely link it to the event.

      Delete
  6. Dalla ricetta deve essere molto buono! buona serata...ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear I do not understand your comments please translate it. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. yup, even my 13 yr old daughter loves macaroni & cheese, even me love it...thanks for visiting me and being my follower, participate in my ongoing event, spotlight : Summer cooler, link : http://riappyayan.blogspot.in/2012/05/announcing-this-months-spotlight-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Indrani do try the recipe I am sure your little one will love it.Surely will participate in the event.

      Delete
  8. nice kids recipe,
    thanks for visit my space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Supriya for visiting my blog.. glad to follow you.. u have beautiful blog..

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey! Its a great idea to give kids ABCD macaroni. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gr8 Toddler food.. shd try for my toddler.. thanks for sharing.. happy to follow you.. Do visit my blog on ur spare time..
    http://www.poornirecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete